Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Vermont


7/16/2013

Time Flies

I wrote a great (I never claimed to be humble)story over 2 days, about hiking in the rain.....pole vaulting a swollen brook after searching an hour for a safe place to cross, and then seeing the moose. Lost it all in one mistaken button push.  Now it is all gone and old news anyhow. I am in New Hampshire.....am hiking the White Mountains.  Have gone as far as Franconia Notch.  I have done Moosilauke, Mt Wolf, and South and North Kinsman.   Am taking a break now.  Am in North Woodstock,NH.  The "Whites" are very tough...... and really cool.  Mount Moosilauke was a rush ....got rain....small hail and lightning up on top.  Coming down the north face on wet rocks was a real challenge.  Fell twice.  It took total concentration....if you mess up you get hurt.  The Beaver Brook Cascades on the north face of Moosilauke were, for me, the absolutely coolest thing that I have seen on this hike to date!  The water falls and cascades just kept going.....all the way down the face of the mountain.   It was unbelievable.....mesmorizing....emotional.....spectacular.....  Yeah
it was quite a rush all right!








No comments:

Post a Comment