Monday, May 27, 2013

Hiker Hunger

5/27/2013

Hiker Hunger

I had just finished my sixth plateful,  and was rising to find some dessert goodies and ice cream, at the Chinese Restaurant, all you can eat smorgasbord, in Waynesboro, Va.......  when it occurred to me,  that the notorious "hiker hunger",  may have finally taken hold of me.  Airborne and I had been eating for an hour and a half.... or longer......non stop....and I was going for more food.  Other hikers had spoken to me of being hungry, all the time, and of thinking about food, and what they planned to eat when they got into town.  But it did not hit me till that smorgasbord.  Then we got to Front Royal, and I ate everything, I could get my hands on, from 2 PM on Saturday,  till 7:30 AM on Monday.  I just ate and ate.....and two hours later......I would be hungry again.  I have lost quite a bit of weight and wish to stabilize..... and not get any slimmer.  So I guess I will be stuffing my face at every opportunity from now on.  Where's the cheese cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment