Saturday, May 25, 2013

Shenandoah National Park

5/25/2013


Shenandoah National Park


We have been hiking through the park for six days, and will finish it tomorrow, and go into Front Royal to resupply. Most of us thru hikers have seen a bear in the park. Some hikers have seen cubs. Prior to my up close and personal encounter with the bear this afternoon, Airborne and I had seen one bear two days ago.  It was close to the trail before we realized it was there.  Airborne heard it moving back a bit.....probably 50-60 yards  We got pictures at that distance.  I think that bear weighed around 125-150 pounds.  The close one today that only I saw was bigger......I think 250 pounds or so...... maybe a bit
bigger .....not a big bear....but very close!  Far out!

PS.  I stepped it off....the bear was 9 yards from the log I was sitting on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment