Monday, March 11, 2013

Part Three of Three

3/6/2013

Note: this was written on Wed March 6th.  Where was I?

Got up to the official AT (the actual southern terminus) today,  and my phone battery was dead.  So I emptied my whole pack onto the rock,  in 50 mph wind,  and charged the battery,  while I signed my name to the trail register,  that was stashed in the back side of the rock,  into which the plaque was set.  The ink in the pen was nearly frozen,  so I mostly scratched my name into the register, which was just a spiral notebook.  I could not think of anything epic to say anyhow......my brain was frozen too.  Then took a picture of the AT plaque and my hiking poles. No one was there to take my picture, and I did not wait.  I wanted to survive! Will get my picture taken in Maine. Am in Stover Creek Shelter,  a double decker, with 10-12 people.  25 degrees 40mph wind.  Having a blast!
Forgot to say no phone service right here.  Don't know when it will send. Getting back into sleeping bag....hands are cold and so am I.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment