Friday, June 21, 2013

Hiker Nutrition-part two

6/21/2013

Hiker Nutrition-Part Two

I was in Daleville/Troutville, Virginia, some time ago,  at the grocery store, with my hiking partner,  Airborne.  I was adding some "must have" Snickers,  and Hershey's Extra Dark chocolate bars,  to my cart.  Okay.....I was adding a bunch of 'em.  When I noticed that Airborne was watching me.....and rolling his eyes.  So to really get him going.... I threw in a bunch more, of both kinds.  When I got back to the motel,  I discovered that I still had a bunch of chocolate left over, from the week before.  I had a total of 19 Snickers Bars.(6 Extra Dark and 13 regular.)  I had 12 and 1/2,  4.25 ounce Hershey Extra Dark Bars.(Those are the really big ones)  And 8 or ten regular 1.25 ounce bars.  I added up the  weight of the combined Snickers and Hershey's,  to arrive at a total weight of just over 6 lbs of chocolate.  I told Airborne and he must have told others, that I was carrying 6 lbs in my pack,  because for a couple of weeks, people were always asking me how much chocolate I had.  What else could I do but carry it?  I was not about to give it away!!  It was chocolate after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment