Thursday, June 27, 2013

New York Blues

6/27/2013

New York Blues

First I am going to gripe about the total lack of camping sites in New York State on the AT.  Then I am going to tell you a story.  The New York AT is set up to force hikers to go into town every night and spend cash on food and lodging!  Tonight I am stealth camping up pretty high, just off the trail.  I am worried about lightning, but what can you do? The nearest shelter is .6 mile off the trail, and has no water.....no privy..... nor any indication of tenting space. The first designated tenting spot in New York was at 1370 miles...... the second is at 1402 miles. There is one at 1423 and then one at 1450 miles.  Are you kidding me?  Last night I tented at a location in a state park that prohibited camping.   I was tired....... it was going to rain.... I put up my tent.  I think they should  reroute the AT around New York State.

No comments:

Post a Comment