Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lookout

6/11/2013


Look Out!


The sign said "lookout"...... so I decided to check it out....... maybe take a picture of the view.  It should have said Look out!  These two Copperhead snakes were waiting for me on the view rock .   I saw one yesterday too.  The two guys at this shelter (I am tenting as always)  saw a big Timber Rattler on the trail earlier,  today.  I am getting a bit spooked by these snakes.   I would quote Indiana Jones....... but I already used that quote earlier,  in this journal.   Pennsylvania is getting rocky,  as promised,  and has plenty of snakes...bummer.   I must be fair and tell you that Virginia had most of the ones we have seen.  The trail has gone through at least three county parks and two state parks in Penn.,  and all were absolutely spotless......I could not find a single piece of paper!   All the same,  I just know that I will be dreaming of snakes tonight




No comments:

Post a Comment